Excellent lean tissue growth rate
Rattlerow has gained a worldwide reputation for the quality of its Large White sires. Selected over half a century, they have become a recognised market leader for the profitable production of the quality of carcass demanded by the meat processor. The Rattlerow boar selection programme focuses on maximising lean tissue growth rate, feed intake and meat quality.
This Large White boar is strong and robust and possesses excellent body length and height, well developed hams and a deep loin. It has good handling and working characteristics for both indoor and outdoor conditions. Progeny from this stress-free purebred demonstrate high growth rate, low feed conversion and extremely low backfat levels to high carcass weights on ad-lib feeding.
- Strong legs and feet and high libido
- Excellent appetite, growth and feed efficiency
- Very low backfat
- High lean meat percentage
- Good killing out percentage and meat quality
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor production