AI: GENmatch:CLOSED GGP BREEDING PROGRAMME
REQUIREMENTS AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Initial purchase of GGP/GP gilts direct from Nucleus into isolation to total 12% of the herd.
- Forwarding of herd information to calculate best GGP/GP herd sows using BLUP
- Pure and cross mating of superior purebred sows with top GGP Dam line AI boars
- Identify female progeny with tag or tattoo before fostering.
- Separate and follow through progeny to select replacements at 90 kilos.
- Interest and understanding of genetics and selection.
- No biosecurity risk through stock introduction.
- Improved heard health stability.
- No ongoing isolation required.
- Genetically close to the nucleus.
- Added interest in units’ genetic progress.